Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Saga of a Wedding Shawl

While Brenda is off petting all the pretty yarn and roving at Maryland Sheep and Wool, I will entertain with the promised photo of the shawl I made for a bridesmaid to wear in my cousin's upcoming wedding.

The bride's sister kindly offered to make shawls for the wedding party (sorry guys, just the girls) and she has been working feverishly on them in the midst of PhD work. I offered to help, and she put yarn and needles into my hands. Pattern choice was mine. (Commence running around in little circles while waving hands and screaming.) Off to comb the wild number of shawl patterns on Ravelry.

I chose one. Printed out the pattern. Cast on. Hated it. Ripped it out. Chose another one. Cast on. Hated it. Ripped it out. (No. I'm not telling. They were lovely, well-written patterns. They just didn't work for me.) In the mean time, Brenda had suggested we do a mystery shawl by one of her favorite designers. One can always count on Romi! That shawl was going well. Hmmm. I wonder...

The Romi mystery shawl was just the thing. It looks quite different in one color (the pattern as written has two colors) but is just as lovely. It is blocked and ready to go.

I'm hoping Brenda will come back with some great photos so those of us that couldn't make it can still enjoy the sights. Look for that - and Monday - YARN HARLOT!!

**spoiler alert! If you're doing the Romi mystery shawl and don't want to see the end result - even in a solid color- don't look!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment